skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Podcast Project Blog
- Implementing projects like this can be a real challenge for teachers. Based on your experience creating a group podcast, what do you perceive are the greatest challenges to successfully completing a project like this with students?
- As we all know I am not very technologically inclined. So, I believe the greatest challenge that I might encounter doing a project like this with students would be attempting to help all the students. I would not do an assignment like this unless I had mastered the skill or was able to have a tech ed teacher assisting me. A lot of detail and work go into podcasting and I know that it would be difficult for me because of all the editing. Another challenge may be trying to keep all students on task.
- What are some things a teacher could do ahead of time, during the project and after the students have recorded to make this process more efficient in class?
- I believe that I would make sure that I had the materials for the pod cast available and checked out for students. I would provide a topic for them to podcast about and the resources for them to collect information from. During, the project I would help the students use the equipment, edit their scripts, etc. After the project I would help the students critique their work and we would edit the pod cast to make it better.
- If doing a podcast in class is not an option, what are some other ways you could give interested students the experience of making a podcast in school?
- I think that I do want to give my students the opportunity to create a class podcast or group podcast. I think that the opportunity works on a lot of skills that I will be trying to teach my students. Such as: how to remain on task, sharing, taking turns, working in groups... etc. I also believe that if it was not possible to do this in the classroom I would try to set up an opportunity for my students, myself, and the technology education teacher to stay after school and create a podcast about something we have been studying or another topic that the student or group of students is interested in.
No comments:
Post a Comment